Friday, May 29, 2009

Pumpwagons Redux, BIG'UNS

Some updates (finally!)...

Not being 100% satisfied with my first pumpwagon attempt, I broke it down and tried it again. With the help of many bits from a recent gamer's sale, I was able to put something together that feels more orc-like:



















I may remove the standard but am not sure...I may also remove the spikes on the side of the left pumpwagon. They look like guns to me:














The trick will be to somehow get snotling models for the crew.

The same gamer's garage sale allowed me to acquire the proper bits to make a good Big'Uns unit. In addition to jaws and shoulder armor, I placed some plasticard under their feet so they appear taller. Normal Orc, Big'Un, new plastic Black Orc (thanks Marc!) and Grimgor on the end, just for comparison.











The Big'Uns ranked up. I'm excited to paint this unit as I think they'll stand out nicely.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a lot of nice work. I really like both of the pump wagons. Although I do agree with your suggestions about removing the gun-like spikes.

I also like the work on the normal orcs to make them big-uns. It adds a really nice flare to them and making them look very orcy.

gmarksthespot said...

Yeah I agree, the pump wagons rock! The spikes do kind of look like guns now that you mention it. I think the banner poles adds height to the pieces.

Your big-uns are very orcy! They will definitely stand out.

gmarksthespot said...

Oh and thanks for spelling my name right, Kris.

TrekkerYu said...

Thanks for the comments.

@Marc, since it's Orcs I spelled your name Marc.

If it were Orks, I'd spell it Mark.

How's that for Warhammer logic :P

gmarksthespot said...

Haha, if you had spelled my name "Mork", I would have understood. But nice excuse Krees Yew.