Saturday, September 26, 2009

'Ard Boyz Prelims!

So today was Round 1 of Ard Boyz. What a day! Had 3 great games against neo-maxi cheese lists - good time!

Game 1 vs. Slann/2 Engine Slann. We danced around for a bit before I finally managed a flank charge on his Slann unit with DPs and a Dragon (overran into his unit). Meanwhile my other Dragon broke and ran down one of the Engines. Major Victory for the twin dragons!

Game 2 vs. 19PD Tzeentch list, 3 blocks of 20 Horrors, 6 Heralds, Scribes, 2xFlamers, 2xHounds, Fiends, Furies. I got into combat early with the Dragons but his area affect spell from the Horrors & Beast Cowers was too much for my 4DD and 4 scrolls to bear. Minor loss for me. I'll get you next time Flickering Florido!

Game 3 vs. Crone Hellebron-led DE. Was doing OK shooting his all combat/no shooting/magic list until I charged his Witch Elf unit containing Crone & BSB. Ouch, even with the two Star Dragons. I was wiped out save one Prince on Dragon. Alex - a 20 year veteran of the game - took first place and I won't be surprised to see him at the finals competing for a top spot.

That said, we only had four people show. Four! As a result I took third despite a Major Victory/Minor Loss/Major Loss record. Also walked away with some GW product which was cool. That will go towards my round 2 list; nothing like feeding my addiction via itself! Heh heh.

Thanks to the Dice Dojo for hosting.

No comments: