Friday, November 6, 2009

Too much gaming, not enough time!

With our kids getting older in age, I'm finally able to go out and do some more gaming. I'll never be able to get the amount I'd like, but still a decent amount.

I'm currently wrapping up a Bloodbowl league at the local game store - man is it fun! Playoffs should be announced soon, and if I'm lucky I'll make it in! I can't rely on any other Chicago sports team to excel so I'm taking matters into my own hands!

Also coming up is the 'Ard Boyz Finals tournament held at the Chicago Battle Bunker. The winners from across the country will be there, and one of the local Adepticon Tourney organizers will be running it, so it should be a good time. I plan on fielding a completely painted 3,000 point army.

Also, my buddy Steve is running a UK Masters style WHF tournament at Games Plus in December. I'm very much looking forward to this, as Games Plus - for whatever reason - doesn't have much of a Warhammer following. Time to change that! From the looks of registration, there should be some new faces there. This will also be a good time to run some 2250 O&G goodness. I was plannning on Orcs for the upcoming Core Competency Tournament but the wife would kill me for being gone so many weekends. Have to pick my spots...

Lastly, we have the annual 'Nerd Night' coming up. This is just a night of board games/card games with sci-fi action movies playing in the background. It's an annual event (every Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving) and is a great time.

All in all, a great time for gaming. Now only if my wife would stop talking about a third kid. Argh! Better get in all the gaming while I can!!!

No comments: